Whether a Resident or a Non-Resident, employees in Italy are required to pay social security contributions on their gross salary and all earnings within Italy’s borders.
Social security contributions are deducted automatically at source, when employed through Tomgandhi Consulting and paid directly to the national Social Security Institute.
Social Security Rates for 2014:
- Average 40%-45% for employers on gross earnings,
- Average 8.9% for employees on gross earnings.
The Italian social security system contributes to the following funds:
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Family allowances.
When working in Italy, expatriates and Italian nationals have access to the same benefits provided by the Italian authorities. Your employer will register you with the INPS (Instituto Nazionale Previdenza Sociale), the Italian Social Security Office.
Useful Social Security Links
- Angloinfo (Italian Social Security Benefits)
- Welcome Office (Italian Social Security System)
- Just Landed (Social Security – Italian Social Security System)